Mental Health Counselor (Intake Screener)
Legacy Behavioral Health Center, Inc. is a community mental health center that has been serving residents of Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Indian River and Palm Beach Counties since 2005. We are committed to improving the quality of life and level of performance of emotionally and behaviorally challenged infants, children, adolescents, families and adults through an array of evidence based and diverse services.
Our Mission is to serve individuals through their diversity, that is, considering their cultural background, speaking their language, providing mental health services both in office or on site, that is, going to homes, shelters, schools, or others; and keeping respected and fairly treating quality providers.
We are currently seeking Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Intake Screener), preferably bilingual, for all our offices throughout Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast!
The candidate will provide mental health screenings and assessments to determine treatment needs of children and families.
Duties include but not limited to:
1. Provides direct clinical mental health services to children and families who meet the criteria for Therapeutic Behavioral On-Site (TBOS), Individual/Family Therapy and group services;
2. Services are provided in office and/or on-site;
3. Provides Initial Intake Assessment;
4. Develops Prior Authorization requests for services when required by Medicaid/HMO;
5. Develops treatment planning and reviewing;
6. Monitors progress towards goals, re-assesses needs and upgrades treatment planning;
7. Develops progress summaries as required by contractual agreement with funding sources;
8. Seeks clinical consultation;
9. Documents clinical sessions following Medicaid-HMO and other contractual agreements;
10. Completes forms required by the program (progress notes, discharge summaries, attendance forms, and any other program-specific documents);
11. Submits to the Lead Site Consultant documentation and fee for services (billing) on Mondays. The documentation must cover the prior week of services;
12. Attends monthly team meetings and other meetings scheduled by the Lead Site Consultant;
13. Follows Prior Authorization instructions for number of sessions, frequency, and allowed length of services;
14. Follows HIPAA confidentiality requirements;
15. Follows data security requirements;
16. Follows abuse reporting procedures;
17. Follows Agency policies and procedures;
18. Fulfills in-service training requirements per Medicaid Community Behavioral Health Services Coverage and Limitations Handbook and/or other contracts;
19. Carries a cell-phone for availability to clients, office staff and other contacts in the community.
Skills / Requirements
- Master's Degree in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work or related fields;
- Licensed in the State of Florida (LMHC, LCSW or LMFT);
- Experience in working with children and families;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
This is a 1099 Independent Contractor position
Currently hiring TELEHEALTH providers.