Peer Support Specialist - Okeechobee County
Legacy Behavioral Health Center, Inc. is a community mental health center that has been serving residents of Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Indian River and Palm Beach Counties since 2005. We are committed to improving the quality of life and level of performance of emotionally and behaviorally challenged infants, children, adolescents, families and adults through an array of evidence based and diverse services.
Our Mission is to serve individuals through their diversity, that is, considering their cultural background, speaking their language, providing mental health services both in office or on site, that is, going to homes, shelters, schools, or others; and keeping respected and fairly treating quality providers.
We are currently seeking Peer Support Specialists (preferably bilingual in English/Spanish) to join our Mental Health Court Team in Okeechobee.
The candidate will provide peer support services to clients as a member of the Mental Health Court Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Models and provides side-by-side growth to encourage client compliance with mental health court goals.
- Offers peer counseling as appropriate and as documented in the mental health court plan.
- Assists The Mental Health Court Team with activities for assigned clients.
- Monitors clients for significant social, behavioral, emotional or physical problems which, when found to be present, are communicated to the Mental Health Court team members.
- Advocates, models and provides emotional support to mental health court consumers and promote self-advocacy.
- Prepares written documentation for each service conducted.
Detailed description will be provided during interview.
Skills / Requirements
- Okeechobee County;
- Valid and current Florida Driver's License required with no more than 6 points in the past 5 years;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Certification as Peer Specialist or in process of Certification;
- proficiency in reading and writing;
- preferably Bilingual (English/Spanish);
- Min. 2 yrs experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time