Medical Assistant - Belle Glade
Legacy Behavioral Health Center, Inc. is a community mental health center that has been serving residents of Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, Indian River and Palm Beach Counties since 2005. We are committed to improving the quality of life and level of performance of emotionally and behaviorally challenged children, adolescents, families and adults through an array of diverse services.
We are currently seeking a Bilingual (preferred) Medical Assistant for our office in Belle Glade!
Under Supervision, the Medical Assistant is responsible for the overall coordination of client services in the front office.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Processes appointments for outpatient, psychiatric, and psychological
- Effectively communicates with clients, doctors, clinical staff, referral sources, and providers.
- Calls clients for scheduled appointments.
- Calls the pharmacy.
- Assists with Prior Authorizations if needed.
- Verifies insurance.
- Assists clients with filling out the client information forms if needed and collect client consent for treatment.
- Collects initial packet ensuring all documents are appropriately filled and signed.
- Takes and notes vital signs.
- Specimen collection (blood drawing/ urine)
- Administer prescribed injections
- Accurately notes medication and allergies when indicated.
- Assists with translation if needed.
- Assist with faxing and copying of forms.
- Collects co-payments for clients and submits cash and checks to Finance Assistants daily.
- Submits psychiatric schedule to payroll weekly.
- Re-directs questions and concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Follows The Center’s code of conduct and abides by its policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of High School or Equivalent;
- Medical Assistant Certification;
- Current CPR Certification;
- Current Phlebotomy Technician certification
Job Status: Part Time